Sunday, 10 June 2012
Box up that To Do List
Many of us do not prioritise what is on our list, so they tend to look worse than they are. Some of the jobs will be as and when jobs, some will absolutely need to be done today, some will need to be done on a certain day.
For the jobs that need to be done on a certain day - put them in the diary. Even if you have an online all singing all dancing interactive diary, a paper back up is always useful and you can flick through and see whats coming up or make notes and doodles.
Obviously, your list of what needs to be done today will need to be done and ticked off as you go. Once you have done those things you will have time to to the as and when section of your list.
The as and when's, whilst still important are the things that get put off day after day until they become urgent and have to added to the already full list of things to do today! Try this ....
1. Write the task on a post it note or small piece of paper
2. Put it in a small pretty box
3. When you have finished the must do jobs, pull out a task from the box
4. DO IT!
5. Ceremoniously tear up the piece of paper and dispose of
6. Repeat daily or twice daily ...
Posted by BF Media LTD at 11:54